City-Wide Urban Design Guidelines Public Engagement
Public engagement on City-Wide Urban Design Guidelines coming in early 2022
For the next phase of work on the Urban Design Guidelines, the City will be working to:
- Highlight key themes and design topics
- Make consistent with the Official Plan
- Develop high-level area specific guidelines (e.g., for major transit station areas)
- Be clear and eliminate any duplication
- Develop illustrative graphics to clearly communicate key elements of the guidelines
As the City further develops the guidelines, there will be public engagement on the Urban Design Guidelines in the early part of 2022. More details on the public engagement will be shared on this project page as they become available.
Final Version of Official Plan Goes to Planning Committee
The new Official Plan will go before Planning Committee on January 18, 2022. From there, Planning Committee will decide whether or not to recommend that the plan go before City Council for adoption consideration. Should Council choose to endorse Barrie’s draft new Official Plan, the Plan will then go to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing for review and approval consideration.